Acupuncture involves the insertion of needles or the application of heat or electrical stimulation at acupuncture points to encourage the body to heal itself and to improve functioning. Acupuncture works directly with the body's energy or qi, as acupuncture practitioners believe that all illnesses are a result of the natural flow of energy through the body becoming stuck, depleted or weakened and thus making the individual susceptible to illness. Acupuncture benefits the rebalance of qi through treatment of specific acupoints related to symptoms or illness present.
- Is natural with no side effects.
- Is effective in treating pain, from sudden acute pain to long-term chronic pain such as back pain.
- It can help eliminate the need to take pain killers.
- May ease tension headaches.
- Helps boost the immune system.
- Promotes emotional balance.
- Can help alleviate anxiety and depression.
- May improves energy and the circulation of blood.
- Can be used alongside conventional medicine in the treatment of both acute and chronic disease.
- Could lesson seasonal allergies.
- May promotes hormonal balance.
- Can help with sports related injuries.