- Dates are highly nutritional and considered by many to be one of natures most perfect foods.
- Date palms cover 3% of the earths cultivated surface. Four million tons are grown annually.
- The date palm is the national symbol for Israel and Saudi Arabia, representing vitality and growth.
- The date palm is a very salt tolerant tree and will grow well in alkaline soils where other plants will not. They are sometimes irrigated with ocean water.
- Dates are naturally high in sugar, giving us an extra boost of energy throughout the day, whether you’re feeling the midday slump, or about to hit the gym!
- High in fiber! Dates act like a natural laxative, keeping us regular. In 6-7 dates lies 8g of dietary fiber.
- Another benefit of fiber- it is shown to lower LDL levels which are the “bad” cholesterol that causes our bodies to store fat.
- An array of minerals- Iron, pottasium, calcium and magnesium.
- Antioxidants! We all know how important these are to our diet. Dates contain mainly carotenoids which are shown to produce Vitamin A in the body.