Back To School
It's school time again! You're probably feeling excited and maybe a little sad that summer is over. Here are a few tips to help your child have a fantastic first day back to school:
- Make sure your child gets enough sleep the night before. The basic things to prepare for all kids include gradually bringing bedtime in line with what it needs to be on school nights, always making sure kids get enough sleep (8-9hrs).
- Prepare a healthy nutritious breakfast for them.
- Be early! Don't panic your child or yourself by having to rush.
- As your child leaves home for his first day of school, let him know how proud you are of them.
- Go to school with your child - but don't stay too long - and be patient.
- Most importantly, make them feel excited about school.
- Your child may cry or cling to you when you say goodbye each morning but with support from you and their teacher this can change rapidly.
- Your behaviour on the first day of school can also affect your child's long-term school career. The idea is to be happy, smiling and let your child know education is a great thing!
- Be prepared for your own feelings - it can be a very emotional time for you as well.